Foregiveness

There is a parable Jesus tells about a man who is forgiven alot of money...probably like in our times a million bucks. That's alot of money to just be told, okay you can walk away. Who then turns around and to someone who owed him just a few dollars, told him to pay up. When the person couldn't pay it up had him arrested and beaten. WOW! How can that happen?! The morale of the story is, Jesus came for our sins and forgave us this huge debt. One that we could never pay back. Why then do we turn to others and hold them ransome?
Well, as life goes on...I have come to the conclussion that in my own life I have not been forgiving people and hanging on to the bitter ugly. How God uses the tough stuff of life to weed it out! But one thing is for sure, I am a child of the MOST HIGH GOD! And even in all my faults and failures He loves me enough to keep putting me to the test! Pslam 139:23...try me O God and know my heart...
1Peter 4:12-16
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15 If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. 17 For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 And,
“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”
19 So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

There is a verse that I cannot place at the time but paraphrasing it goes like this...God uses things in our life that the world looks at as weird to make us better to serve him....yeah paraphrasing!

God is at work in our lives in this little family. Even though the trials and tribulations can seem so hard and difficult at the moment...I choose to forgive. If I can't forgive than I am not giving room for God to work. So it's up to me to make room for Him!

There is a contemperary Christian song that goes on about chaos but it's peaceful. That's me right now. I don't understand, and don't "get" it at times but God knows my heart and has a plan for me. Even in the midst of trials and tribulations His plan will get done! So it's up to me to focus and let Him work!!! Yeah!!!

disclaimer: it's easier said than done some days...all content of this message is to tell my story to others so that they know they aren't alone on those days... lol

Comments

  1. I follow the blog to our church under LFC. There is a message in mp3 format that I listened to about forgiveness. Incase you would like to listen it's convicting and full of God's Word.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts